Saturday, October 2, 2010

Song Number One...

This is the first song Emma ever plays.
For the record, it's not even a song!
In the first chapter, when she is looking at harp, she walks her hands up the strings and makes a beautiful noise. This is when she says, "It sounded like the beginning of a song about dreams." Then her mother calls her down to dinner. Now, I bet most people thought, "Ok, ok." and forgot about it.
Now, I cannot tell you the importance of the song, I can only tell you about it. But I can also tell you that it is the most important song.
So in future posts about songs, be sure to look for clues about the song. They will probably be italicized or something like that. :D
That's all for now.
Laterz!
~Emma§

2 comments:

  1. Awesomefulness! Can't wait for more! You do know your story's brilliant, right? :) I bet the songs will be just as great. As you might have noticed with the prophecy in my story, I'm not great at writing poetry, even though I love poetry and music and art in general really. So yeah. As I said, can't wait! :P

    And I love it when authors just casually mention something in an early chapter and it becomes a major plot point later. It's so smart. You see, when I wrote the first part of my story, I didn't really think about the big picture, so I just sat down at my laptop and started writing, which is why the first part seems so awkward to begin with. It doesn't really flow with the rest of my story, I think... Well, that's what I think, anyway. But I'm naturally going to notice the faults in my writing.

    Anyway, I'm rambling again. So yeah. Diviner EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Thanks you sooooo much!!! I like the prophecy in your story. I love it in fact!!! I like poetry, though I hate doing it in LA and such.
    And I love it when authors do that too! I haven't been reading many books like that lately though. I've more hooked on manga and stuff. And reading Maximum Ride graphic novel. I just finished the third book!! :D :D.
    And I know how people notice whats wrong in their own writing. That's why feedback is critical. Because if you see something wrong, but others don't, just perhaps change it a little. If you don't like it and people dont like it either, I guess you can do whatever you like with it.
    And I don't mind rambling. I do it all the time. xD.
    ~Emma§

    ReplyDelete